Monday, October 24, 2011

I'm Mad as Hell!

It’s amazing how the Oct 18 Republican debate features some of America’s best CHILDREN. Yes, I said it. I’m incredibly sick of the sparring match between politicians that has become almost as popular as “The Jersey Shore” reality TV that ALSO features some of America’s best CHILDREN. Rick Perry, you are a child. Mitt Romney, you are a child. Perhaps my anger (which is revealed through my caps lock method of typing) is coming from my recent lack of sleep and constant state of delirium, but maybe I’m actually definitively right on this one. Our politicians are children.

I say children because of how children operate- pointing fingers, no attention span, blaming the other person just to win, and begging for attention. I think Perry and Romney have the “Look at me! Look at me! Look at me!” syndrome. And for what purpose? Support? It’s a complete distraction from the ACTUAL issues that seriously need to be respected and heard by the American public.

Imagine if we actually lived in a world where candidates spoke, and regardless on their feelings for another’s opinion, they state their own with dignity and let the public decide for themselves.

I was seriously disappointed when Herman Cain wasn’t drilled for his 9-9-9 plan, which now is taking up more steam, and of course re-developing it to gain more ground, and was completely overshadowed by the bickering and finger pointing tactics of two seemingly qualified politicians that prevent them from being taken as such men of intellect and capability.

George Carlin has a stand up routine that is revolved around voting. In his hilarious criticism, he explains that he doesn’t vote because he doesn’t want responsibility for picking an idiot to run the country. I find it funny when he goes against the common phrase and says that those who voted don’t have the right to complain, because they actually made the choice to trust who they chose.

I’m very wary about this election coming up as far as candidates go. Sometimes, I’m impressed. Sometimes, I’m appalled by childish game play that floods our TVs…and we accept that as normal?  I’m done with thinking that, folks.



“I’m mad as hell, and I’m not gonna take it anymore!”

No comments:

Post a Comment